Skip to main content

Fleming School

In 1914, construction began on Fleming School, a concrete, wood and brick frame school with a basement. It was named after Dr. Alexander Fleming, the first physician and druggist in Brandon. Fleming was a pioneer and truly saw the potential in this community. He worked diligently to open the city's first hospital and establish the Farmer's Union. Dr. Fleming saw education as a priority and organized a school board for Brandon, also serving as its first Chairman. He passed away in 1898.
Built in 1915 - 2320 Louise Avenue
Fleming School started out with six rooms. It has undergone two major renovations. The first was an 8,875 sq. ft. one storey addition, on the south side of the original building constructed in 1952. In 1962, a 5,395 sq. ft. two storey, plus basement addition was built to the west of the existing facility. This new addition included a gymnasium.
Fleming Girls Athletic team

Back to top